From Ian Cherrill:
There are two problems to getting Domino 65 working on Knoppix 3.2 (based on Debian)
(1) Missing required library libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2
(2) Incompatible JVM
You'll need to fix the library problem before trying to install Domino if memory serves me, and the second problem needs to be fixed before trying to run the HTTP task, though it is best fix it as soon as Domino files have been installed.
To solve (1) use APT to install the correct DEB package like this:
apt-get install libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1
or if this does not work you can download the package manually and use
dpkg -i libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1
(maybe .DEB on the end of the filename - not sure, apt-get worked for me)
Solving (2) is more tricky:
(a) download IBM's JRE 1.3.1 for Linux on Intel from their website. Unpack it (using ark or tar zxvf on the command line) to a place of you choice - I chose /opt/lotus/ibmjava/jvm just to keep it near the Domino install. No "install" is required.
(b) as root change to the lotus program directory (/opt/lotus/notes/latest/linux). You need to symlink one directory ("jvm") and one file ("java") to the IBM Java installation, so:
ln -s /opt/lotus/ibmjava/jvm/bin/java java
mv jvm jvm_old
ln -s /opt/lotus/ibmjava/jvm/ jvm
Now you should be able to configure Domino 65 and then start the server - I did both using /opt/lotus/bin/server command. If you do this, make sure you are running an X desktop that the "notes" user can access otherwise the nice GUI configuration won't start. I logged into X as the notes user.
From Christopher J Wood:
As we started upgrading to 6.0.1 and then 6.0.1CF1, we started seeing more crashes with Domino under Linux. In working with support, it turned out to be related to the libc version that was running on our linux box.
We were running 2.2.5-10 and they recommended 2.2.5-43 or higher. To quote, try "glibc-VER.i686.rpm package ( I would use version 2.2.5-43 )."
I actually upgraded all the way to 2.3.1-xx and have run for a week without a crash, versus crashing once a day before.
The problem seemed to be with some old versions of libpthreads.so. I thought I would pass this on just in case someone else is struggling with crashes.